Our Sunday morning worship service starts at 10 am each Sunday. The replay is available here for the following week. We thank you for joining us!
Week 3: We Need Each Other!
For Sunday, August 2
IMAGINE WITH ME...
What if God really existed and you had perfect faith in Him?
What if you were confident that God really had your best interests at heart when He gave us His laws?
SOME THINGS WE BELIEVE
Our problems began when we quit trusting God.
God is most honored, He receives the most glory through our living, active, out-of-the-box faith/trust.
5 CATALYSTS GOD USES TO BUILD OUR FAITH
- Practical teaching
- Influential relationships
- Spiritual disciplines
- Pivotal circumstances
- Hands-on ministry
ANSWER THIS QUESTION
What is the name of someone you feel like God used to make your faith stronger or bigger?
Key Scripture: Hebrews 10:19-25
Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God,
let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God.
But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.
WHAT YOU WON'T HEAR
On my own I discovered God, grew in my faith, became everything God wanted me to be, and it had nothing to do with anybody else in my life.
YOU ALSO DON’T HEAR
I got into trouble, I experienced great regret -- and I did it all by myself, no one else was involved.
Proverbs 13:20 Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.
WHAT IS GENERALLY TRUE ABOUT LIFE
Everybody you come into contact with either will erode your faith or help to build your faith.
1 Corinthians 15:33 Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”
THE BOTTOM LINE
In these dark days we are living in, we need each other -- and we need to be intentional!
LIFE GROUP DISCUSSION:
- Looking back, are there people you feel God providentially brought into your life at crucial times? Who? How did God use them?
- Looking back, is there a time when you feel God brought someone across your path that couldhave helped you, but you resisted the relationship?
- Read Hebrews 10:19-25. In light of what God has done for us in Christ (verses 19-21), what three commands does the writer feel compelled to issue (verses 22-24)?
- What role do others play in helping us to "hold unswervingly" to our faith (verses 23-25)?
- Why do you think these persecuted Christians were tempted to "give up meeting together" (v. 25)? Why should "the Day approaching" motivate believers to meet together and encourage each other?
- Read Proverbs 13:20. What is generally true about those who “walk” with the wise? What is the consequence of being a companion of fools? Based on your experiences, why do you think Solomon highlights what a person becomes (i.e., “wise”) in the first half of the verse, while he highlights what will happen (i.e., “suffering harm”) in the second half?
- How do you balance the relationships in your life that strengthen your faith and the relationships that could hinder your spiritual growth knowing full well that these relationships could also be pivotal for others to draw closer to God?
Everyone’s invited to join us for a fun evening as we celebrate baptisms and enjoy a picnic together. The date is Sunday, August 9 at 5 pm. We’ll meet at Stearns Park Beach in Ludington where we’ll start with baptisms in the Big Lake. Then we’ll have the picnic in the park. The church will provide brats and hot dogs (if you’d prefer something else just bring it with you). Bring lawn chairs and a side dish to share. As always, you are welcome to invite family and friends to join us! If you are interested in being baptized, please refer to the information below.
Are you ready to be baptized? Would you like to speak with someone about your decision? Just speak to a pastor on Sunday or fill out the form at our Baptism page on our Online Hub. On that page you will find information about the purpose for baptism and how we perform baptisms at our church. Baptism is a time for celebration -- we look forward to yours!
Our next monthly Food Truck ministry is scheduled for Tuesday, August 4. If you are healthy and willing, come join us in passing out food to those in need. The truck usually arrives at around 10 am, so that's the time for you to arrive as well. We are very appreciative of those who are able to serve in with this important ministry!